Tuesday, January 19, 2016

You’re Hot

After what felt like a creative dry spell, I was super inspired after spending time with my friends Beth and Susan making cards all day long this past Saturday.

We crafted, drank a lot of Cosmos, made lots of new memories and laughed for hours upon end. It was basically the best recharge for my creative batteries and I have several new cards to share! 

To start off, one of my favorite cards began with wanting to use my new ink blending tool and distress inks, and the circle grid stencil from MFT (thanks Susan and Beth for sharing all your supplies!).  I made the background for practice and fun and set it aside. Later on in the night I made the tag (because hello cute and sassy sentiment that I HAD to use) and then saw the two together in my work area and it clicked that they were MFEO = Made For Each Other! ;)

You're Hot

I’m still getting the hang of the blending tool but used Berry Sorbet (PTI) and Ripe Raspberry (MFT) inks along with the Picked Raspberry (Tim Holtz) Distress Ink to create an ombre background with the circle stencil. The panel was then layered onto a Real Red card base and the tag was made with a Ripe Raspberry sentiment and coffee cup watercolored with my (also new) Zig Clean Color watercolor markers and then die cut. A little ribbon treatment finished off the tag before being popped up on dimensionals onto the card base. 

You're Hot CloseUp

I seriously may need to get the All Heart (MFT) stamp set because the images and sentiments are ridiculously cute and full of puns.

I’m linking this up to the Simon Says Stamps Ombre challenge for the ombre background.

I’ll share more of my completed projects including my absolute favorite card soon! Let’s just say it has a little ink blending and a little bit of Game of Thrones reference, which I’m entirely too obsessed over for my own good. ;)

2 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Super cute, great for a valentine card too!

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, love your dotty background

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x