Sunday, January 24, 2016

Heart Song Butterfly

Over the weekend I was able to spend several hours in my crafty studio and one of the cards I made was inspired by a few challenges.

I love Heart Song and the butterfly images in the set are so fun to play with!

Heart Song Butterfly

I embossed the butterfly with black embossing power and tried a new to me techinque. Yes, it’s one that has been around for awhile but I finally gave it a go and will now be playing with this technique quite a bit I’m sure! Still loving my new Zig watercolor markers and used a clear acetate sheet to smoosh the colors onto a sheet of watercolor paper. I scribbled four colors on the clear sheet, spritzed it with water, and then smooshed onto the watercolor paper. 

Heart Song Butterfly Closeup

Once the watercolor was dry I stamped the sentiment and added a few sequins. The panel was then mounted to a Basic Gray card base. Such a simple card but I love soft and subtle watercolor. Kinda soothing!

 

Linking up to the following challenges!

MFT Color Challenge

CAS(E) this Sketch 

Friday Mashup (music inspiration)

CASology (CLEAR acetate sheet to create background)

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Great job with new techniques Kandi! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card--and I love that butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous background! What a beautiful card!

Lisa said...

Such a lovely CAS card, great techniques!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Antonia said...

Your background turned out so beautiful with this technique! Love the Heart Song theme. Thank you so much for linking up and playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

Norma said...

Beautiful background and I really need to do this more:) Thank you for joining us over at Friday Mashup!!
Hugs,
Norma

Unknown said...

Love your card! It's so pretty! Thanks for playing along at the Friday Mashup! ~amy