Monday, January 13, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking January Pubs

Hi everyone happy Monday! I took a little (more like long!) blog hiatus during the month of December, but it’s time to get back into the swing of things!

To get back into it I thought I would share a card that was published in the January 2014 issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine. This was the first month PC went all digital for the monthly issues (and you could see it as early as December 1st!), but the nice thing is if you missed the issue you could still get a subscription today and purchase any past issues!

Monarch Thank You

This was in the vellum section. The butterflies were stamped and embossed in black powder, water colored with an aqua painter and then punched out. TIP: By only securing the middle of the butterfly to the cardstock the wings can naturally lift and give some movement! I topped off the middle butterfly with a clear vintage faceted button and a simple sentiment.

I had two cards in this issue, you can see the other one posted on the PC blog here and here!

I am so fortunate to have such amazing people in my life cheering me on and encouraging me in my crafty endeavors! I had not submitted cards for publication in a LONG time and didn’t really have intentions to start again. However, the amazing Susan Open (yes that one, the Creative Editor at PC) surprised me at my house for a crafty workshop one day and gave me that encouragement to start submitting again! I’m so thankful for that day and for our newfound real life friendship (vs. our ongoing online FB friendship)! :) Submitting can be a fun process and although I’ve been super busy the past few months, I’m hoping to make some more time to submit again!

Supplies: (All supplies Stampin’ Up!)

CS: Smoky Slate, Vellum

Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, VersaMark

Stamps: Lacy and Lovely (sentiment), Papillon Potpourri (butterfly)

Misc: Aqua painter, black embossing powder, vintage faceted button, Elegant Butterfly punch

No comments: