Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Secret Garden Love

I have been looking for a great flower set for awhile, and I’m happy to say that I’ve found that perfect set in Secret Garden along with the matching Framelits dies!

I have a few cards this week to share as I’ve been playing around with this set and some new colors, too!

First up, I thought I would share the card that started it all for me with the color combo and cutting out dozens of flower shapes to play with later on! You’ll probably see (ok yes you will see) some of those other cut out flowers in later cards this week. ;)

Secret Garden Flowers SU

I started with a Coastal Cabana card base which is one of the new 20133-2015 In Colors, followed by a layer of Calypso Coral that was embossed with my Big Shot and the dots embossing folder. To get the distress look I  did the “direct to paper” technique with a Calypso Coral ink pad that was rubbed across the surface and edges of the cardstock.

Next I layered a strip of Crisp Cantaloupe (another new In Color) along with a tiny strip of Smoky Slate (one of the brand new core colors) all over the card base. I die cut an oval and stamped the chevron pattern from Oh, Hello on to it, and then layered my die cuts of all the flower pieces from Secret Garden in the corresponding colors, along with a sprig in Bermuda Bay. I just have to declare my love of Bermuda Bay right now…I want to stamp everything with that color, haha!

Now, I could have added some bling or ribbon, or any other embellishment, but I thought I would show just how big an impact those flowers make all by themselves. Plus, this doesn’t cost anything extra to mail since it’s relatively flat!

Supplies:

Stamps: Oh Hello, Secret Garden

Ink: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate

Paper: Calypso Coral, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay

Accessories: Ovals Framelits, Secret Garden Framelits, Dots embossing Folder

 

This pretty little set is so fun to play with! Join me for more cards this week!

129144L

No comments: